Saturday, October 26, 2013

It all began at Yoshi's

These are Michelle's own words, from the transcript of the recording of that night found on her own website:

But I was in a prayer meeting yesterday, and you gotta appreciate how scared, how scared, folks on that side of the equation are. I mean, from their vantage point – and I really shouldn’t say ‘their,’ because it’s mine, too – we are nearly at the end of time, and from our vantage point, we’re gonna be, uh – I think maybe Chinese water torture is gonna be the means, the method – once Prop 8 gets instated, and once preachers are held at gunpoint, and forced to marry the homosexuals. I’m pretty sure that will be the signal for Jesus to come on back.

You just said you wanted reality (laughs). If someone would be so gracious as to please tweet out, “Michelle Shocked just said, from stage, ‘God hates faggots.’” Would you do it now?

I ain’t scared. I ain’t scared. This is not a tribunal. This is one woman’s opinion. And... it’s fun. It’s a lotta fun. I am so committed to loving each and every soul in this room tonight, that I could not come here and ignore you. I could not come here and pretend that I was above the conversation, and I couldn’t pretend that I was beneath it either.

I AM SICK OF CHRISTIANS, FILLED WITH HYPOCRISY, HIDING BEHIND THE SYMBOL OF A CROSS!

No comments:

Post a Comment